This Turtle Brownie Cheesecake is the best of both worlds- a chewy brownie bottom topped with a creamy cheesecake layer. And if that wasn’t already delicious enough, there’s a layer of chocolate ganache on top covered with a pile of toasted pecans, caramel sauce, and hot fudge sauce.
Such a delicious and decadent dessert and definitely one of my favorite cheesecakes.
Brownies are my very favorite dessert and if you like brownies as much as I do, you will not be able to get enough of this Turtle Brownie Cheesecake.
First step is making a homemade brownie batter for the crust. It is partially baked before adding the cheesecake layer.
The brownie layer really expands up as it bakes, but don’t worry, it will settle back down, especially when the cheesecake layer is piled on top. It naturally sinks more in the middle, forming a crust part way up the sides.
I find that baking the cheesecake for an hour and then leaving it in the oven for another hour with the oven off and the door cracked is the perfect amount of time to cook it.
Let it cool, cover the top with a ganache and tons of pecans, caramel sauce, and hot fudge sauce and you’ll have one of the most delicious cheesecakes ever.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups toasted pecan halves
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- 1/4 cup hot fudge sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper and spray pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, heat butter, sugar, and water, stirring to combine. Bring to a simmer and remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and chocolate chips until chocolate is melted.
- Let mixture cool slightly and then whisk in the eggs one at a time.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt and stir into chocolate mixture.
- Pour brownie batter into prepared pan. Place on a baking sheet in case there is any leakage and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let it cool slightly before pouring cheesecake mixture on top. Do not cool too much though or it will pull away from the sides and the cheesecake mixture may seep down.
- To make filling, beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add brown sugar and flour and beat until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time. Scrape down sides of bowl with a rubber spatula to make sure everything is evenly combined.
- Add cream and vanilla and beat just until combined.
- Pour cheesecake mixture on top of brownie bottom. Note: The brownie will have risen quite a bit in the oven but the cheesecake layer will help compact it down.
- Place back in 325 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Turn oven off and crack the door but leave cheesecake in oven for 1 more hour.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and cool to room temperature.
- To make ganache, combine chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave another 15 to 20 seconds,.Stir until smooth. Let cool slightly and pour on top of cheesecake. Smooth ganache with an offset spatula,
- Refrigerate cheesecake overnight.
- Before serving top with pecans and drizzle with caramel and fudge sauce.
Want to Save This Recipe?
More Cheesecake Recipes