Slow Cooker Chicken and Bisquick Dumplings is a simple comfort food meal that only requires a few ingredients. The slow cooker does most of the work for you.
It’s very similar to this Easy Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings recipe which uses refrigerated biscuits.
Only two ingredients are needed for the dumplings: Bisquick and milk. The dumplings cook up wonderfully tender and fluffy.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED FOR THIS RECIPE:
- Two pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 3)
- One can condensed cream of chicken soup
- One can condensed cream of celery soup- you can use a second can of cream of chicken soup if you don’t want to use celery.
- Chicken broth
- Poultry seasoning
- Onion powder
- Salt and pepper
I like having a box of Bisquick in my pantry. It’s an easy shortcut to biscuits, pancakes, and casseroles. All kinds of things.
MORE RECIPES TO MAKE WITH BISQUICK:
Leftovers will keep for about 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Bisquick Dumplings RECIPE TIPS:
I like to use a 6-quart slow cooker for this recipe.
You can use frozen chicken and add a few hours to the cook time.
If you want veggies in your chicken and dumplings, you can stir in 1 1/2 cups of thawed frozen peas and carrots when you add the dumplings.
Cooking time can vary depending on your slow cooker. Check the middle of a dumpling to be sure it is cooked all the way though before turning the crock pot off.
Want to make Chicken and Dumplings from scratch? Try this Old-Fashioned Chicken and Dumplings Recipe.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Bisquick Dumplings
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (2 to 3)
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can condensed cream of celery soup
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2/3 cup milk
- If chicken breasts are very large, cut each one in half.Place in slow cooker.
- Add the condensed soups, chicken broth, poultry seasoning, onion powder, salt, pepper, and butter. Stir to mix.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 1 /2 hours.
- In a medium bowl, stir together Bisquick and milk. Drop by spoonfuls into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 30 to 60 minutes or until dumplings are fully cooked.
- Shred the chicken and serve.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.