Only 5 ingredients needed for this easy Slow Cooker Black-Eyed Pea Dip. Serve with tortilla chips for a great New year’s appetizer or gameday dip.
This recipe is a simpler version of this Hot Black-Eyed Pea Dip which is one of the most popular recipes on Spicy Southern Kitchen.
Short Prep Time
This slow cooker dip can easily be prepped in just 5 minutes. All you have to do is add the ingredients to the slow cooker and turn it on. It’s as simple as that.
- A 4 to 5-quart Slow Cooker- I like to use this 4.5-quart slow cooker.
The cook time for this recipe is just 1 1/2 to 2 hours on LOW. You’ll want to give it a stir halfway through so that it evenly heats. Once all the cheese is fully melted, it is pretty much ready to serve.
Use Seasoned Black-Eyed Peas
You really must use Seasoned Canned Black-Eyed Peas for this recipe or it will be very lacking in flavor. Drain a little of the liquid off, but not much because that is where all of the flavor is. Margaret Holmes and Glory are both great brands for seasoned black-eyed peas.
Ingredients Needed For Slow Cooker Black-Eyed Pea Dip
- Rotel Tomatoes– use “hot” Rotel Tomatoes if you want this dip spicy.
- Velveeta Cheese– melts perfectly and makes this dip creamy.
- Diced Green Chilies– or use a can of diced jalapenos for more heat.
- 2 cans Seasoned Black-Eyed Peas– be sure to use seasoned black-eyed peas and not plain black-eyed peas.
- Sliced Green Onions– optional, but adds extra flavor.
Add More Ingredients
You could definitely add more flavor to this easy dip by sprinkling some crumbled bacon on top or adding a cup of shredded cheddar cheese on top.
More Black-Eyed Pea Recipes
- Jalapeno Black-Eyed Pea Cakes
- Black-Eyed Pea Stew with Sausage and Kale
- Hot and Spicy Black-Eyed Peas
- Black-Eyed Pea and Sausage Chili
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a 4 to 5-quart slow cooker. Stir.
- Cover an cook on LOW for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, stirring halfway through.
- Sprinkle with green onions and serve.