Salted Caramel Latte is an indulgent drink for those days when you need a little extra comfort or feel like being pampered. It’s sweet with a little saltiness, plus I added some cocoa powder for just a hint of chocolate flavor.
A fancy coffee shop specialty drink can easily be made at home and save you lots of money. Typically I’m a plain coffee type with just a little sweetener and creamer added.
But… this past September my husband and I went on our first cruise- a Princess Cruises Cruise off the coast of California. It must have been a month for firsts because I had my first Salted Caramel Latte on the cruise.
And then my second.
And my third.
One for each day of the cruise.
There was a wonderful coffee shop on the Ruby Princess called the International Cafe and boy were their Salted Caramel Lattes ever good! We got one each day late in the afternoon. I don’t usually drink caffeine late in the afternoon, but hey we were on a cruise ship.
With our Salted Caramel Lattes in hand we’d head out to the Promenade Deck, take a seat, and watch the sun set over the water.
That’s my idea of heaven y’all!
I can’t quite recreate that experience at home, but I can recreate a Salted Caramel Latte. 🙂
Sign up HERE for the Spicy Southern Kitchen Newsletter.
Salted Caramel Latte
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons salted caramel sauce, I use Smuckers
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup strong coffee
- whipped cream
- Combine milk, caramel sauce, and cocoa powder in a small saucepan. Heat until very warm, stirring well to dissolve caramel sauce and cocoa powder.
- Add coffee and use an immersion blender to blend until frothy, or place in a blender and blend to get frothy.
- Pour into a mug and top with whipped cream and more caramel sauce.
More About Our Princess Cruise
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. All opinions are mine and I appreciate the opportunity to share products and experiences that I love.