These Pumpkin Pancakes with Bourbon Vanilla Maple Syrup have so much fall flavor. Drizzle these light and fluffy pancakes with a little bourbon-flavored maple syrup for a truly fantastic way to start a cold morning.
Perfect Fall Breakfast
There’s nothing I love better in the fall than baking with pumpkin and sweet potatoes and there’s perhaps no better fall breakfast than pumpkin pancakes, especially when topped with a bourbon vanilla maple syrup. The flavor of the pumpkin is boosted by cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and nutmeg. All those wonderful fall spices that smell so enticing.
Add a pat of butter on top and the flavor combination is out of this world. You’ll want it to be fall all year long. And since these pancakes are made with canned pumpkin, making them all year long is totally doable.
More Pumpkin Recipes
And if you just can’t get enough pumpkin, try one of these treats too: Pumpkin Spice Bread French Toast, Pumpkin Butterscotch Muffins , Spicy Pumpkin Bread, Pumpkin Praline Torte, or Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cake.
Tips For Making Pumpkin Pancakes
- Pumpkin Pie Spice (2 1/2 teaspoons) can be substituted for the allspice, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
- The dry ingredients can be measured and mixed together the night before to save time in the morning.
- The addition of the vinegar adds a flavor that is similar to adding buttermilk to pancakes. So good!
More Pancake Recipes
- Buttermilk Pancakes– my alltime favorite pancake recipe.
- Banana Pudding Pancakes– loaded with all the components of the classic southern dessert.
- Cake Batter Pancakes– perfect for a birthday celebration.
- Double Stuff Oreo Pancakes– like dessert for breakfast!
- Red Velvet Pancakes with Cream Cheese Drizzle– perfect for Christmas or Valentine’s Day.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Whisk together.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, pumpkin, egg, vegetable oil, and vinegar.
- Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and stir just until dry ingredients are incorporated into the wet.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. For each pancake pour about ¼ of batter onto the griddle and cook until both sides are lightly browned.
- In a small saucepan, bring maple syrup and bourbon to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Add vanilla and serve warm.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe Source: adapted from allrecipes.com