These Pumpkin Pancakes with Bourbon Vanilla Maple Syrup have so much fall flavor. Drizzle these light and fluffy pancakes with a little bourbon-flavored maple syrup for a truly fantastic way to start a cold morning.
Perfect Fall Breakfast
There’s nothing I love better in the fall than baking with pumpkin and sweet potatoes and there’s perhaps no better fall breakfast than pumpkin pancakes, especially when topped with a bourbon vanilla maple syrup. The flavor of the pumpkin is boosted by cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and nutmeg. All those wonderful fall spices that smell so enticing.
Add a pat of butter on top and the flavor combination is out of this world. You’ll want it to be fall all year long. And since these pancakes are made with canned pumpkin, making them all year long is totally doable.
More Pumpkin Recipes
And if you just can’t get enough pumpkin, try one of these treats too: Pumpkin Spice Bread French Toast, Pumpkin Butterscotch Muffins , Spicy Pumpkin Bread, Pumpkin Praline Torte, or Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cake.
Tips For Making Pumpkin Pancakes
- Pumpkin Pie Spice (2 1/2 teaspoons) can be substituted for the allspice, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
- The dry ingredients can be measured and mixed together the night before to save time in the morning.
- The addition of the vinegar adds a flavor that is similar to adding buttermilk to pancakes. So good!
More Pancake Recipes
- Buttermilk Pancakes– my alltime favorite pancake recipe.
- Banana Pudding Pancakes– loaded with all the components of the classic southern dessert.
- Cake Batter Pancakes– perfect for a birthday celebration.
- Double Stuff Oreo Pancakes– like dessert for breakfast!
- Red Velvet Pancakes with Cream Cheese Drizzle– perfect for Christmas or Valentine’s Day.
Pumpkin Pancakes with Bourbon Vanilla Maple Syrup
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Whisk together.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, pumpkin, egg, vegetable oil, and vinegar.
- Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and stir just until dry ingredients are incorporated into the wet.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. For each pancake pour about ¼ of batter onto the griddle and cook until both sides are lightly browned.
- In a small saucepan, bring maple syrup and bourbon to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Add vanilla and serve warm.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe Source: adapted from allrecipes.com
27 thoughts on “Pumpkin Pancakes with Bourbon Vanilla Maple Syrup”
These were fantastic. I don’t know the why the recipe calls for vinegar and milk instead of just buttermilk. I sprinkled pecans on the pancakes as soon as I poured them on the griddle. They complemented the pumpkin and the bourbon syrup nicely. I will definitely be making them again soon.
I was so inspired by the bourbon syrup that I just finished bottling two gallons of it for gifts. I make my own syrup, so I had plenty to spare, but it felt pretty wild using a whole 1.5 liters of bourbon and 2/3 cup of vanilla in one recipe!
I’m making these pancakes next week for my ’27 weeks of American pancakes’ challenge. Though living in the Netherlands sometimes makemakes it difficult to find all the right ingredients. For example, canned pumpkin is non-existent over here…. what could I do to reclame this? Just cook some pumpkin and let it cool down?
I meant replace instead of reclame… auto correct! 😉
Yes, you can definitely use fresh pumpkin instead. Roast it and let it cool. Then you may want to put it either in a blender or food processor to make sure it is smooth. Hope you enjoy the pancakes!
These look so good; I think I will make them for brunch on Sunday. Do you think the syrup would be okay without the bourbon?
ooh my god yummy,going to make asap but with roasted sweet potatoes instead don’t care for pumpkin.happy days.
Yum! It will be fabulous with sweet potatoes. I’m a sweet potato girl myself!
My roommate and I bought a cinnamon broom this week and now we’re making these in the morning! Can’t wait to see how they turn out!
Made these this morning – huge hit! The hubby isn’t used to pumpkin dishes, especially sweet (poor Brit), so I’ve been introducing them to him. This will stay in my recipe files, thanks! 🙂
So happy you enjoyed it! I could see how pumpkin would take some getting used to if you haven’t been exposed to it.
Oh my goodness, Christin!! Everything about these. The pancakes, the syrup, the photos. I can’t even stand the amazingness!
This sounds delicious and makes me so excited for fall! Especially after a hot, humid, gross day like the one we had in Boston today.
Thanks Melanie! We are getting a last blast of summer too! I think today was the hottest day we’ve had all summer.
I think we’re all ready to drool over some fall recipes, and these pancakes definitely fit the bill! Your pumpkin pancakes look heavenly! And that bourbon vanilla maple syrup, oh my heaven! My hubby would love these! Pinned!
Hope you’re enjoying the holiday weekend!
Thanks Allie! We are having a wonderful holiday weekend! Hope you are too.
Wow!!! Definitely, a stack of pancakes to die for… I am drooling!!!!!
I know it’s not fall yet, but I can’t get pumpkin out of my head! I make pumpkin pancakes, but I’ve never concocted such a wonderful sounding syrup! This looks wonderful..pinned!
You had me at pumpkin and bourbon! 😉 What a tasty combination for a pancake. Love it… perfect for fall!
These pancakes look to die for!!! I am seriously impressed.
Thanks so much Jocelyn!
Oh yum. Pumpkin is like one of my most favoritest things EVER!!! So making these!
Love how many pumpkin lovers there are!
I live for pumpkin pancakes in the fall!
Me too Matt!
I’m all about summery foods, but these pancakes actually made me wish it was fall now. They look so darn good! I bought a big pumpkin a few days ago and now I think I know how I’m going to use it up 😉
Yay for getting a head start on fall! I would have started back in July if it wouldn’t have made me get funny looks. I’m so over summer and summer foods and so ready for pumpkin and apples and spices (and pretty leaves and sweaters and crisp air!!!) These pancakes look like the PERFECT way to usher in the new season 😉