Pimento Cheese Drop Biscuits- these savory biscuits are easy to make and have all the components of pimento cheese. Perfectly light and tender with just the right amount of cheese flavor.
- White Lily Self-Rising Flour– White Lily is the preferred flour for making southern biscuits. It is more finely ground and made with soft winter wheat which contains less gluten. It makes really soft and tender biscuits. Self-rising flour has baking powder and soda added so you get a perfect rise in your biscuits.
- Sugar– just a touch.
- Black Pepper– adds another savory note.
- Cayenne Pepper– for just a touch of heat.
- Mayonnaise– used instead of butter.
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese– they wouldn’t be pimento cheese biscuits without some cheddar cheese.
- Pimentos– be sure to drain them well.
What I Love About Drop Biscuits
Drop biscuits are so easy to make. No need to roll out the dough and use a biscuit cutter. Just mix everything together in a bowl and “drop” the batter on a baking sheet.
How To Serve Pimento Cheese Drop Biscuits
They are great slathered with butter or drizzled with honey. To spice them up a little, slather them with hot pepper jelly. Cut them in half and stuff with sliced ham or turkey for a fun biscuit sandwich.
Once you mix the batter together, get it into the oven as quickly as possible.
Don’t overmix the batter or your biscuits will be tough.
Best eaten right away but can be rewarmed in a 325 degree oven.
Love Pimento Cheese? Here are More Recipes To Try
- Pimento Cheese
- Roasted Jalapeno Pimento Cheese
- Pimento Cheese Patty Melts
- Pimento Cheese Grits
- Buffalo Pimento Cheese
- 2 1/4 cups White Lily Self-rising flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons diced pimentos
- melted butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Stir in mayonnaise and milk.Stir in cheese and pimentos.Note: Do NOT overmix or your biscuits will be tough. Gently mix until combined.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden on top.
- Brush with melted butter and serve.