Pecan Pie Bubble Up- only 7 ingredients needed for this easy dessert that tastes just like pecan pie.
How Is It Different Than Pecan Pie?
Instead of a pie crust, there are pieces of refrigerated biscuit dough tossed with the pecan filling. As they bake they “Bubble Up”. Easier to bake that pecan pie, but every bit as delicious.
How To Serve
This dessert tastes best served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It makes a great holiday dessert.
- Light Corn Syrup– dark corn syrup can be used instead.
- Light Brown Sugar– or dark brown sugar.
- Butter– I use salted but unsalted can be used instead.
- Vanilla Extract– Use a good quality real vanilla extract for best flavor.
- Chopped Pecans
- 2 cans refrigerated biscuits– Look for the small 6-ounce cans for this recipe. I use Pillsbury.
How To Make
- Preheat the oven and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish. Grease it well. Pecan pie filling is very sticky.
- Whisk together the filling and stir in the pecans.
- Cut each biscuit in 4 pieces. Stir into pecan mixture.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 25 to 28 minutes.
Make Ahead and Storage
You can make this Bubble Up a day in advance, but for best flavor and texture, make it shortly before serving. Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or covered in the oven.
More Pecan Pie Desserts To Try
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups chopped pecans
- 2 (6-ounce) cans refrigerated biscuits
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together corn syrup, sugar, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract.Stir in pecans.
- Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces. Stir biscuit pieces into pecan mixture.
- Transfer to prepared baking pan. Make usre biscuit pieces are evenly distributed.
- Bake for 25 to 28 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.