Key West Chicken Bites are perfect as a summer appetizer or light meal. Chunks of chicken breast are marinated in a mixture of soy sauce, honey, lime juice, and garlic, and then grilled until wonderfully charred.
They have a little sweetness from the honey and the lime juice gives them a fresh, summery taste.
Serve them over rice for a light meal or with a bowl of Ranch or Honey Mustard Dip for a fun party food. Key West Chicken Bites are low fat, low calorie, and full of flavor.
Serve them over rice for a light meal or with a bowl of Ranch or Honey Mustard Dip for a fun party food. Key West Chicken Bites are a high protein, low carb meal.
If the chicken pieces are too small for your grill grates, you’ll have to use a grill pan.
You could also thread them on skewers and make kabobs out of them. Perfect for summer grill time!
I love to serve Key West Chicken Bites with fresh Corn on the cob.
Sign up HERE for the Spicy Southern Kitchen Newsletter.
Key West Chicken Bites
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- Cut chicken into approximately 1-inch pieces.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a medium bowl, adding salt and pepper to taste. (Since soy sauce is very salty, might not need extra salt).
- Add chicken and toss to coat. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Grill over medium high heat until juices run clear, 4-5 minutes per side should do it.