Jalapeno Lime Chicken Drumsticks- This 3-ingredient recipe really packs the flavor. It’s an easy recipe for the grill that you will want to make again and again.
This recipe couldn’t be easier. Chicken legs are grilled for 10 minutes and then brushed with a mixture of fresh lime juice and red pepper jelly. It’s lacking in ingredients but not flavor. Just these 2 simple ingredients give the chicken lots of tangy sweet and spicy flavor. The drumsticks grill up wonderfully juicy and delicious.
For extra flavor, the grilled chicken gets served with more of the lime juice/pepper jelly mixture.
You can find Jalapeno Pepper Jelly at the grocery store with the jams and jellies. It comes in both red and green. Either will work for this recipe. I like to use Braswell’s, but any brand will do and you could even use homemade pepper jelly. Pepper Jelly can also be used to make an awesome salad dressing.
Instead of using chicken drumsticks, you could use chicken thighs, breasts, or wings.
This recipe can easily be made in under 30 minutes. As an added bonus, grilling chicken makes for super easy clean-up. I love keeping the mess out of the kitchen.
Great sides to serve with Jalapeno Lime Chicken Drumsticks:
- Jalalpeno Popper Grilled Corn Salad
- Southern Potato Salad
- Creamy Dill Potato Salad
- Easy Macaroni Salad
- Summer Squash and Onions
Jalapeno Lime Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 (10-ounce) jar red pepper jelly
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 12 chicken legs
- salt and pepper
- Heat pepper jelly and lime juice in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until melted. Set aside 1/2 a cup for serving. The rest will be for basting.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat gas grill to medium. Grill chicken covered for 10 minutes. Flip over and grill another 5 minutes.
- Baste chicken. Turn and baste about every 2 minutes for the next 6 minutes.
- Serve with reserved sauce.
Recipe Source: Taste of Home
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.