Italian Marinated Shrimp- fresh shrimp are marinated with Italian dressing, artichoke hearts, olives, tomatoes, roasted red pepper, and feta cheese. A great make-ahead party appetizer!
Since this party appetizer is served chilled, it makes a great summer recipe but is also awesome for holiday parties.
It can be made 1 to 2 days ahead of time. The flavors get even better as they have time to meld and the shrimp really soak up the flavors.
A packet of dry Italian dressing mix really cuts down on the prep time for this recipe and adds tons of flavor.
If you want to make this Italian Marinated Shrimp, add 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.
I like to cook the shrimp and then peel them, but you can peel them and then boil them if you want. It doesn’t make too much difference.
It’s best to use fresh, local shrimp, but can also be made with frozen shrimp. Just thaw them before boiling them.
This recipe can easily be altered to suit your tastes. Mushrooms, red bell pepper, and capers are also great additions. Leave the artichokes and/or olives out if you don’t like them.
You can use either marinated artichoke hearts or ones packed in water.
More Shrimp Appetizers:
- Easy Shrimp Spread
- Spicy Shrimp Dip
- Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Copycat Bang Bang Shrimp
- Shrimp Tostada Bites
- Creamy Dill Shrimp and Cucumber Appetizer
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp
- 1 packet dry Italian dressing mix
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 (6-ounce) can large black olives
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook shrimp in boiling water just until they turn pink. This will only take a few minutes. Drain and let cool. Once cool, peel them.
- Add Italian dressing mix to a large bowl. Add vinegar and oil and whisk.
- Add shrimp, artichokes, olives, cherry tomatoes, roasted red peppers, red onion, and parsley.
- Sprinkle feta cheese on top. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. If possible, give everything a stir a few times while it is marinating.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.