Cream of Coconut Pecan Pie is just the pecan pie for coconut lovers. Made with cream of coconut and a little shredded coconut, this pie has lots of coconut flavor. It’s a delicious twist on pecan pie that is perfect for the holidays.
The cream of coconut gives this Cream of Coconut Pecan Pie a creamy texture and adds to its sweetness. Be sure to use cream of coconut, not coconut milk. You want the kind that comes in a can and is used to make Pina Coladas. It is usually found with the cocktail mixers at the store. You will need to open the can and mix it really well before measuring. It will be solid on the top and liquid underneath.
This recipe uses a frozen pie shell, but you could use a homemade pie shell. The filling only takes minutes to prepare. Just mix everything in a large bowl and pour it into the crust and then the pie needs 40 to 45 minutes to bake. It needs to be refrigerated before slicing to help set the filling up so it is best to make it a day in advance.
Typically I like to eat pecan pie warm, but this one tastes really good cold.
Pecan Pie is one of my favorite pies and a must for Thanksgiving. The gooey, sweet filling is irresistible. This Cream of Coconut Pecan Pie has the wonderful flavor of pecan pie, but with lots of coconut flavor.
More Pecan Pie Recipes
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup cream of coconut, when you open the can, stir well
- 2 tablespoons melted salted butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup packed sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 9-inch frozen pie shell
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add cream of coconut, butter, heavy cream, vanilla extract, and lemon juice and whisk until smooth.
- Stir in pecans and coconut.
- Pour into pie crust. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before slicing.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe adapted from Dangerously Delicious
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.