Cranberry Walnut Cobbler is perfectly sweet and tart and is super easy to prepare. Only about 5 minutes of prep time and 40 minutes in the oven and you have a delightful holiday dessert. Best served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
There’s just enough sugar to balance the tartness of the cranberries without being overly sweet.
To make Cranberry Walnut Cobbler, begin with 2 1/2 cups of fresh cranberries, or you can use frozen cranberries that have been thawed.
Place them in a 9-inch pie pan with chopped walnuts and 1/2 a cup of sugar.
Next, mix together the cobbler batter in a bowl. It is made with eggs, melted butter, sugar, and flour plus a little ground cinnamon and almond extract. If you wish you can use vanilla extract instead of almond extract, but double the amount.
Pecans or almonds can be used instead of walnuts.
There’s a whole lot of butter in this Cranberry Walnut Cobbler and not only does it give the cobbler a wonderful buttery flavor, it makes the cobbler get really crisp and golden around the edges.
You are going to love the tartness and the crunch of the nuts in this Cranberry Walnut Cobbler.
More Cranberry Desserts
Cranberry Wlanut Cobbler
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup chopped wlanuts
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) salted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- vanilla ice cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch pie pan.
- Add cranberries, walnuts and 1/2 cup sugar to the pie pan and stir to mix evenly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, remaining 3/4 cup sugar, melted butter, and almond extract.
- Add flour, cinnamon, and salt and stir just until blended. Pour mixture on top of cranberries.
- Bake 40 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
6 thoughts on “Cranberry Walnut Cobbler”
I like your beauty artical.
Very good recipe – the cobbler came out very tasty! It’s a keeper!
The best part is how easy and quick it was to make. Bravo!
Cranberry Walnut Cobble is a great treat and very easy to make. Thanks for shar. t rex game
This ad doesn’t tell me how to make the dough. I’m helpless now!
Your recipes are always good. These all recipes are very easy to prepare.
Thanks a lot for the yummy recipes.