Cola Burgers will put a little zip in your next cookout. A little cola and French dressing mixed into the ground beef tenderizes these burgers and flavors them up.
The burgers are also glazed with the cola/French dressing mixture as they are grilled for an extra pop of flavor. The glaze also helps make them a little crispy on the exterior.
French dressing and cola aren’t all that’s mixed into these burgers. There’s also an egg, crushed Saltine crackers, and grated Parmesan cheese. Because of all the added ingredients, you don’t have to worry about these burgers getting dry on the grill. They’ll stay plenty moist. The texture of these burgers is somewhere between a burger and a really good and moist piece of meatloaf. These delicious Cola Burgers rival these burgers for my very favorite burgers of all time.
Tips for making Cola Burgers:
- These burgers can stick to the grill if you’re not careful and they are prone to falling apart. To prevent this, make sure your grill grates are greased and you get the grill very hot before adding the burgers. Let them stay on the grill for a good while before flipping them. They are more likely to fall apart if you flip them too early. It also helps to form the patties and refrigerate them for a little while before grilling them.
- If you don’t have a grill, this recipe can easily be made in a frying pan.
- You can use Catalina dressing instead of French.
- Don’t overmix the burger mixture.
- These burgers make very good leftovers.
- Top with your favorite cheese if you want a cheeseburger.
Serve these Burgers with:
- Spicy Bacon Baked Beans
- Best Corn on the Cob
- Easy Macaroni Salad
- Buttermilk Coleslaw
- Southern Potato Salad
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup cola, divided
- 1/2 cup crushed Saltines
- 6 tablespoons French or Catalina dressing, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine egg, 1/4 cup cola, crushed Saltines, 4 tablespoons salad dressing, Parmesan cheese, ground beef, salt and pepper. Mix until combined, but do not overmix. Mixture will be very moist.
- Shape into 6 patties, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 20 to 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining cola and salad dressing. Set aside.
- Make sure grill grates are greased well. Heat grill to medium-high. When very hot, add patties.
- Grill for 5 minutes, Brush with glaze and flip over. Brush other side with glaze. Continue to grill until desired degree of doneness. You can brush 1 more time with glaze if desired.
- Serve on buns with desired toppings and condiments.
Want to Save This Recipe?
1 thought on “Cola Burgers”
Love using this recipe for gameday!