Chorizo Black Beans have tons of smoky, spicy flavor and are a great accompaniment to any Mexican meal. Ground chorizo sausage and bacon give these beans lots of meaty flavor.
They’re further flavored with onion, garlic, beer, oregano, cumin, and cilantro. I don’t like bland beans so I like to add lots of layers of flavors.
These Chorizo Black Beans are truly some of the most flavorful beans you will ever eat.
I use canned black beans to cut own on prep time and cooking time. These beans can be made start to finish in under 20 minutes.
Chorizo sausage has become one of my favorite ingredients to cook with. It’s perfect for spicy food lovers. Try it in this Mexican Chorizo Rice recipe too.
Chorizo Black Beans would be a great side for Crispy Beef Chimichangas.
Chorizo Black Beans have tons of smoky, spicy flavor and are a great accompaniment to any Mexican meal.
- 2 slices bacon
- 1/2 pound fresh chorizo sausage
- 1 medium sweet or yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (15-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Mexican pale lager
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- chopped fresh cilantro
- In a medium nonstick or cast iron pan, cook bacon until crispy. Remove bacon and set aside.
- Add chorizo to bacon grease in the pan. Cook until partially browned, breaking apart with a wooden spoon.
- Add onion and bell pepper, and cook stirring frequently until onion is soft.
- Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients, except cilantro, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Crumble reserved bacon and sprinkle on top along with cilantro. Serve.