Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Peppers make a delicious vegetarian meal. Colorful bell peppers are sliced in half and stuffed with a cheesy broccoli and rice filling.
As vegetables go, is there anything better than broccoli with lots of cheese? I think not. It is a fabulous combination.
Stuffed peppers are great for adding in extra veggies to a meal. You can use any color you like: grren, red, yellow, or orange. Or use a mixture of colors. Place them all on a serving platter together and you have a rainbow on a plate!
The rice gets cooked in vegetable broth, garlic powder, and paprika for extra flavor. If you’re not concerned about making it vegetarian, you can use chicken broth.
I like to add 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes to this dish to make it a little spicy. If you don’t want it spicy, cut the amount back to 1/4 teaspoon and it will have just a little kick.
In addition to lots of cheddar cheese, a little cream cheese is added to make the filling creamy and rich. So good!
Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Peppers
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups long grain rice
- 3 cups very small broccoli florets
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 bell peppers, any color
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and cook onion and garlic for about 2 minutes.
- Add broth , rice, salt, paprika, garlic powder, red pepper flakes. Cover and cook on medium low for 20 minutes.
- About 3 minutes brofore done, open lid and dump broccoli on top. Place lid back on. This will steam the broccoli a little.
- After the 20 minutes is up, Stir in the broccoli and the cream cheese. Place lid back on and let sit 5 minutes to melt cheese and cook broocoli more. Stir in 1 ½ cups of the cheddar cheese (6 ounces).
- Cut each pepper in half and get rid of the seeds and membranes. Place in a baking dish and heat oven to 400 degrees. Fill peppers with rice mixture. Bake 15 minutes. Sprinkle remaining ½ cup cheese on top and bake 5 more minutes.
Want to Save This Recipe?
More Stuffed Peppers
9 thoughts on “Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Peppers”
These are wonderful- I developed gout so I have to be careful with eating meat. I thought this looked great and it was.. I did not have cream cheese so will use that the next time..
This recipe has become one of our favorites!
Im happy I now registered
effects of Trialix
Just wanted to say Hello.
I used to be suggested this website through my cousin. I’m not positive whether or
not this put up is written by him as nobody else
realize such exact approximately my difficulty. You are incredible!
Nette Website. Vielen Dank.
Why people still use to read news papers when in this
technological globe the whole thing is available on web?
Just want to say your article is as astounding. The clarity in your post is simply cool and i can assume
you’re an expert on this subject. Well with
your permission allow me to grab your feed to keep updated with forthcoming post.
Thanks a million and please carry on the gratifying work.
Great info. Lucky me I found your site by accident (stumbleupon).
I have saved as a favorite for later!