Chicken Fettuccine is the pinnacle of comfort food pasta dishes. In this recipe some blackening seasoning turns this classic Italian dish into a spice lover’s dream. It’s a meal worthy of a special occasion or romantic dinner. If both you and your spouse like some spice, it would be perfect for a Valentine’s Day meal.
The chicken is coated in blackening spices and then pan-fried in a cast iron skillet. I like to use Chef Paul Prudhomme’s Blackening Seasoning.
Cream cheese, heavy cream, and Parmesan cheese create a superbly rich and creamy sauce for the fettuccine.
I like to add red bell pepper for a little color. Some thyme and garlic along with the blackening seasoning creates tons of flavor in the Blackened Chicken Fettuccine.
Blackened Chicken Fettuccine is spicy, rich, and creamy and perfect for a special occasion or romantic dinner.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
- 2 tablespoons blackening seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (16-ounce) package fettuccine , cooked and drained
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- Sprinkle blackening seasoning on both sides of chicken. Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook about 5 minutes per side or until cooked all the way through. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
- Add butter to the skillet and cook garlic and red pepper over medium heat until pepper is starting to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn heat to low and add cream cheese and parmesan cheese, plus all seasonings. Stir well to melt and blend in the cream cheese and parmesan cheese. Once sauce is smooth, add cooked fettuccine to the pan and toss to coat.
- Divide fettuccine between 4 plates, top with chicken and grated Parmesan cheese.
More Spicy Pasta Dishes
Disclosure: This post contains amazon.com affiliate links.