If you like the flavor of BBQ and the flavor of ranch (who doesn’t), you will love this BBQ Ranch Popcorn. It only takes minutes to make, and you’ll have gourmet popcorn like you would pay lots of money for at a specialty store.
A packet of dry Ranch Mix (love that stuff) provides the ranch flavor and a mixture of smoked paprika and brown sugar, plus a pinch of cayenne pepper gives the bbq flavor.
A little drizzle of melted butter helps the seasoning adhere to the popcorn.
Plus, popcorn always tastes better with butter.
I like to pop fresh popcorn. The flavor tastes so much better to me. But you could use 2 bags of microwave popcorn instead.
To make fresh popcorn, I pop kernels in a Dutch oven with a little canola oil coating the bottom. Simply Recipes has fantastic instructions for cooking popcorn this way.
BBQ Ranch Popcorn just may become your new favorite snack!
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons packed light brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 bags microwave popcorn popped (or 1/3 cup kernels popped)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- In a small bowl, combine ranch mix, paprika, brown sugar, and cayenne pepper.
- Toss popcorn with melted butter.
- Sprinkle seasoning over popcorn.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe adapted from Southern Living
More Snack Recipes
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.