Asparagus Leek Dip is a warm and creamy spring dip filled with asparagus and Parmesan cheese. Tastes like artichoke dip, only bolder!
Snow is currently falling outside and I’m dreaming of Spring. When it comes to Spring foods, asparagus is always at the top of my list. In this rich and heavenly Asparagus Leek Dip, chopped asparagus is combined with sautéed leeks (another spring favorite!), Parmesan cheese, garlic, mayonnaise, and cream cheese to make a Spring party dip that is bound to be devoured.
Serve it with buttery crackers or toasted baguette. Both are perfect for scooping into this warm dip.
You may not immediately think dip when you think about asparagus. Artichokes are a popular addition to dips and I say, Why not asparagus too? In fact, this dip tastes very much like a hot, bubbling artichoke dip only with a slightly bolder flavor.
I’ve used fresh asparagus that I cooked just until tender, but you could also use canned asparagus. I don’t eat much canned asparagus now, but I remember loving it as a child. Back then, it seemed like a delicacy. Oh how times have changed.
Either with fresh or canned asparagus, Asparagus Leek Dip is a warm, savory dip to beckon Spring weather.
Asparagus Leek Dip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 1-quart baking dish.
- Bring a large saucepan with about 2 inches of water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook until just tender, 1-2 minutes. Drain and put asparagus in a bowl of ice water to stop cooking. Drain asparagus and chop into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Melt butter in a small pan over medium heat. Add leeks and cook, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 more minute. Let cool.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Season to taste with salt.
- Transfer to a greased 1-quart baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes of until lightly browned on top.
Recipe Source: adapted from Celebration Magazine