Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs are flavored with cream cheese, jalapenos, and bacon and make a fantastic appetizer for Easter.
Deviled Eggs are one of my very favorite foods. It’s hard to resist that creamy center and food is so much more fun when you can pick it up and eat it with your fingers. I love playing with different Deviled Egg flavor combinations. You really can’t go wrong with plain deviled eggs, but I also love these Crab Deviled Eggs and Red Pepper Jelly and Bacon Deviled Eggs.
Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs are perfect for when you want deviled eggs with a little kick. I use fresh jalapenos that I mince and cook briefly in the grease that is leftover from frying the bacon, along with a little garlic. That way they are not crunchy when you bite into them and they pick up some bacon flavor.
Instead of fresh jalapenos you could use pickled jalapenos if you like the flavor.
Never miss a recipe. CLICK HERE to Subscribe.
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 10 hard boiled eggs
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 jalapeno thinly sliced
- Cook bacon in a nonstick skillet until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Discard all but ½ tablespoon bacon grease. Add chopped jalapeno and minced garlic to bacon grease and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cut eggs in half and remove egg yolks. Place egg yolks in a medium bowl with cream cheese, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, salt and cayenne. Use a fork to mash the egg yolks up well and mix them together with the other ingredients until smooth.
- Stir in jalapeno and garlic.
- Set aside about ¼ of the bacon and mix the rest into the egg yolk mixture..
- Evenly spoon the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites.
- Garnish eggs with remaining bacon and jalapeno slices.