Taco Stuffed Shells are a magnificent blend of Mexican and Italian food. Jumbo pasta shells are stuffed with taco-seasoned ground beef, black beans, corn, salsa, and cheese.
It’s an easy meal the whole family will enjoy. Best of all it can be assembled ahead of time, even a day in advance and then it just takes 20 minutes to bake.
Serve them with a side salad and you have a full meal. This recipe is great for stretching a pound of ground beef into a meal that will serve 6 people.
How To Make Taco Stuffed Shells Spicy:
Use spicy taco seasoning and serve with Cholulu Hot Sauce– my favorite hot sauce for Mexican food.
- Be sure to buy Jumbo pasta shells.
- Only cook the shells to al dente. They will cook more in the oven.
- Can be frozen. Place them in a foil baking pan. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and freeze before baking. Place them in the refrigerator the night before you want to cook them.
- Green pepper can be used instead of red.
- Ground turkey can be substituted for ground beef.
- If you want to add more veggies, try adding diced zucchini.
Try These Other Recipes Using Pasta Shells:
Taco Stuffed Shells
- 1/2 box jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 medium yellow or sweet onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (1-ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen or fresh corn, cooked
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Place a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and break it apart with a wooden spoon.Add onion and bell pepper and continue to cook until the ground beef has no more pink.
- Add the taco seasoning and cook 1 more minute. Remove from heat and stir in the black beans, corn, salsa, and 1 cup of cheese.
- Fill each shell with filling and place in prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining cheese and the green onions on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake another 5 minutes.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
1 thought on “Taco Stuffed Shells”
Delicious recipe!!! Made it 3 times already!