Smoked Salmon Spread is flavored with red onion, capers, dill, and horseradish. It can be prepared in just minutes!
How To Serve
Smoked Salmon Spread makes a creamy and delicious appetizer and I love it for a special brunch. My favorite way to serve Smoked Salmon Spread is on toasted bagels, but I also love it with crackers and it tastes really good on cucumber slices if you are watching your carbs.
The best thing about this spread is it only takes a few minutes to prepare and only a handful of ingredients are needed.
I use a full block of cream cheese mixed with a little heavy cream to make it easier to spread. For flavor I add some finely chopped red onion, a full tablespoon of capers (love them!), some fresh dill, and horseradish for a little kick. Then of course the salmon. Six ounces of chopped smoked salmon for lots of salmon flavor.
Will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days.
Smoked Salmon Spread is a simple, classic appetizer and is also fabulous for a special breakfast or brunch.
Never miss a recipe. Follow Spicy Southern Kitchen on Facebook and Pinterest.
More Tasty Spreads
- Bacon Horseradish Spread– a creamy spread with plenty of zip.
- Easy Shrimp Spread– a retro recipe that’s stood the test of time.
- Three Cheese Pepperoncini Spread– a Mediterannean-style appetizer that goes great with crackers.
- Smoked Oyster Spread– creamy with plenty of smoky oyster flavor.
Smoked Salmon Spread
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped capers
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese and heavy cream until smooth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and chill at least an hour before serving to let flavors meld.
- Serve with toasted bagels, crackers, or veggie sticks.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Originally posted March 10, 2017.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
10 thoughts on “Smoked Salmon Spread”
Great smoked salmon spread, delicious on crackers & toasted baguette! Super easy to make! Didn’t have horseradish, I used grainy mustard.
I made this for thanksgiving. I doubled the recipe but only used 3 ounces of salmon because I didn’t properly read the ingredient list. It still turned out really good. I agree with the other commenters that you need to make it at least a few hours before, preferably the night before. When I first made it, it just tasted like cream cheese. By the next morning you could really taste the smokiness of the salmon. So definitely make it ahead of time!
Do you use cold smoked salmon or hot smoked?
I use cold smoked salmon.
This turned out good! The whole family loved it. We ended up adding green onions. It definitely needs to sit in fridge for an hour or more before eating, so the flavors can meld. Will make tgis again.
This was really good. Especially on day two after it sat in the fridge overnight!
Loved it spread on bagels! Just the right amount of smoked salmon flavor!
how many servings does this recipe make?
Does the salmon have to be cooked?
It needs to be smoked salmon. You don’t have to cook smoked salmon.