Smoked Salmon Spread is flavored with red onion, capers, dill, and horseradish. It can be prepared in just minutes!
How To Serve
Smoked Salmon Spread makes a creamy and delicious appetizer and I love it for a special brunch. My favorite way to serve Smoked Salmon Spread is on toasted bagels, but I also love it with crackers and it tastes really good on cucumber slices if you are watching your carbs.
The best thing about this spread is it only takes a few minutes to prepare and only a handful of ingredients are needed.
I use a full block of cream cheese mixed with a little heavy cream to make it easier to spread. For flavor I add some finely chopped red onion, a full tablespoon of capers (love them!), some fresh dill, and horseradish for a little kick. Then of course the salmon. Six ounces of chopped smoked salmon for lots of salmon flavor.
Will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days.
Smoked Salmon Spread is a simple, classic appetizer and is also fabulous for a special breakfast or brunch.
More Tasty Spreads
- Bacon Horseradish Spread– a creamy spread with plenty of zip.
- Easy Shrimp Spread– a retro recipe that’s stood the test of time.
- Three Cheese Pepperoncini Spread– a Mediterannean-style appetizer that goes great with crackers.
- Smoked Oyster Spread– creamy with plenty of smoky oyster flavor.
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped capers
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese and heavy cream until smooth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and chill at least an hour before serving to let flavors meld.
- Serve with toasted bagels, crackers, or veggie sticks.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Originally posted March 10, 2017.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.