A mixed green salad with dried cranberries, feta cheese, red onion, and candied pecans tossed with Raspberry Vinaigrette and topped with seared salmon. Salads truly are one of my favorite things to eat especially a really substantial salad that can stand alone as a meal.
Salmon is one of my favorite proteins to add to a salad when I’m sick and tired of chicken. I love how it is so easy to flake apart with your fork into little bite-sized pieces so you get some in every bite.
Plus salmon is such an oily fish, I always find myself adding less salad dressing to my salad when it contains salmon.
This Seared Salmon over Mixed Greens Salad makes a filling lunch or dinner and is a great way to use up leftover salmon. Who can resist a mixture of nuts, cheese, and dried fruit?
Seared Salmon Salad over Mixed Greens
- 4 boneless salmon filets
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 3 tablespoons raspberry balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Make the Candied Pecans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine corn syrup, sugar, salt, and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl. Add pecans and stir to coat. Spread on baking sheet and place in oven 5 minutes. Stir and place back in oven for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Make Vinaigrette. Whisk together vinegar, lemon juice, and honey. Gradually add in canola oil, whisking continuously. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Make Salmon. Season salmon with salt and pepper and sprinkle with paprika. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place salmon in pan, skin side up for about 4 minutes. Turn and cook until salmon is medium-rare, about 4 more minutes.
- In a salad bowl, toss mixed greens with cranberries, red onion, and feta. Divide between 4 plates. Top with salmon and pecans and drizzle with Vinaigrette.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.