Celebrate National Burger Day with these juicy Pork Burgers topped with a Bacon-Corn Sauté. They’re full of flavor and taste like a gourmet burger, but are quick and easy to prepare.
May 28th is National Burger Day and there’s no easier way to celebrate National Burger Day than with Johnsonville Grillers. You can find them in the freezer section of your local grocery store in a variety of flavors including Cheddar Cheese & Bacon, Swiss Cheese & Mushroom, and Original Bratwurst.
One of the things that’s great about these burgers, besides the fact that they are made from only premium cuts of pork, is there is so much flavor already added to the burgers. There’s hardly any need to add much in the way of toppings or condiments.
But I do love how they taste covered in a sauté of crispy bacon and fresh summer corn.
The Bacon-Corn Sauté is a breeze to make and I love that it can be used to top the burgers or as a side dish. Made from bacon, sweet onion, jalapeno, and corn plus a little heavy cream and Parmesan cheese for flavor and to help bind it together some, it’s the perfect compliment to a Johnsonville Griller.
I especially love the Bacon-Corn Sauté with the Cheddar Cheese & Bacon flavor Johnsonville Grillers. Since the Grillers already have a smoky, bacon flavor, you really get an awesome bacon flavor with this sauté piled high on top.
Johnsonville Grillers go straight from freezer to grill so there’s no need to get your hands messy shaping patties.
Pork Burgers with Bacon-Corn Sauté cook up so juicy and are packed with so much flavor they are sure to be a crowd pleaser this National Burger Day and all grill season long.
Learn more about Johnsonville Grillers.
Pork Burgers with Bacon-Corn Saute
- 3 slices thick-cut bacon diced
- 1 small sweet onion diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and finely diced
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels or frozen corn defrosted
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 Cheddar & Bacon or Mushroom & Swiss Johnsonville Grillers
- 6 buns
- Cook bacon in a nonstick pan until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and set on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Discard all but 1 tablespoon bacon fat. Place pan over medium-high heat and add onion, jalapeno, and corn. Cook until onion is softened, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and cook 1 minute.
- Add Parmesan cheese and remove from heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper and add bacon.
- Heat grill and cook Johnsonville Grillers according to package directions.
- Place lettuce and a burger on each bun and top with bacon-corn mixture.
Want to Save This Recipe?
For a cookout or picnic I love to serve these burgers with Caesar Pasta Salad.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville . The opinions and text are all mine.
7 thoughts on “Pork Burgers with Bacon-Corn Saute”
Obsessing over every little bit of this. From the bacon to the corn to the burger and back to the bacon, I literally cannot stop staring at these pictures. And drooling. Definitely drooling, too. Love!!!
I can’t believe there is a National Burger Day! Funny! The burger looks great, so juicy!
I just realized I have never had a pork burger!! Whaaaa? Clearly this needs to change immediately, starting with these fabulous burgers! These look amazing, Christin!! Such a delicious way to celebrate national burger day and Memorial weekend! That bacon corn saute looks like the perfect accompaniment! Cheers, girlfriend!
Wow! LOVE LOVE this juicy burgers. Corn and bacon sounds like a delicious combo. And your photos are making me drool. YUMMY!
I need these burgers in my life!! I also never thought to add them to my burgers, so clever! 🙂
Oh my goodness! I love corn, especially during the summer. I’ve never thought to add some to my burgers, but I love this idea. These look delicious!
You make the best summer recipes, Christin! I love the corn relish on top. Just perfect for a summer night!