Today I bring to you yet another recipe using Macadamia Nuts! And I think this one might be my favorite. Oh! Nuts was generous to give me a bag of their delicious macadamia nuts to try in some recipes. I’ve used them in banana pancakes, white chocolate macadamia nut muffins, as a salad topper, and to crust chicken tenders. Pineapple Macadamia Slaw is a slaw with a tropical flair, perfect for your next cookout or block party. This isn’t any boring ole coleslaw recipe with soggy cabbage drowning in a sugary, watery dressing. It has tons of flavor coming from a lot of different places. A creamy mayonnaise base is given a little Asian flair with some soy sauce and sesame oil. Jalapeno balances out the sweetness of the diced pineapple. And my favorite ingredients are the macadamia nuts and shredded coconut. In fact, you may just want to go ahead and double the quantities of those ingredients, because you’re going to be picking through the coleslaw to get to them.
Pineapple Macadamia Slaw is the perfect side to serve with grilled fish or on a chicken sandwich. You can also use it as a condiment to give hot dogs a tropical flair.
Pineapple Macadamia Slaw
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 5 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1 large carrot, cut in 2-inch pieces and julienned
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 ½ cups fresh, diced pineapple
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup roasted macadamia nuts
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, cider vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and sugar.
- Add cabbage, carrots, pineapple, green onion, and jalapenos. Toss to mix everything.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Top with cilantro, coconut, and macadamia nuts before serving.
Disclosure: I was given a free bag of nuts from Oh! Nuts, but was not compensated to write this post.