Parmesan Roasted Carrots are roasted in the oven with butter and garlic until tender and sprinkled with lots of freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Aren’t they gorgeous! They’d go great with pork or chicken and they’d make a healthy side for Easter.
I’ve always preferred raw carrots over cooked carrots, but boy are these Parmesan Roasted Carrots ever good!
They are savory but sweet. I love that the natural sweetness of carrots comes out even more when they are roasted.
I buy a bunch of carrots that still have the green tips on them. They look so pretty. 🙂
I peel the carrots and cut each one in half horizontally so they cook faster, but I like to leave them long. You could cut them into 2 to 3 inch pieces if you wanted to.
For easy clean-up, cover the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 8-10 carrots, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place carrots on baking sheet. Combine butter, garlic and pepper and drizzle on carrots.
- Roast for 20 minutes. Sprinkle cheese on top and roast 5 more minutes. If you want to crisp the cheese up some, broil for a minute or two.
- If desired, season with salt. The Parmesan cheese will add some salty flavor so it may not be necessary.
- If desired, sprinkle with parsley. Serve.
Want to Save This Recipe?
You Might Also Like
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.