These M&M Blondies are fabulously buttery and chewy and have a festive look from a generous amount of mini M&M’s. You could probably even find red and green seasonal M&M’s and really make them look Christmasy.
I know it’s just after Thanksgiving and you’re probably stuffed with pumpkin pie and pecan pie and hardly in the mood to think about sweets.
But I’m ready to dive right into that holiday baking season.
Everyone thinks of cookies when it comes to holiday baking, but I really like my bars. Both brownies and blondies. They are so easy to make and they tend to keep well too. The only downside is waiting for them to cool before slicing them.
This M&M Blondie recipe is adapted from America’s Test Kitchen and I find their recipes pretty much always work and they can be a good base for trying something a little different.
I love how pretty M&M’s make these blondies look, but you could certainly use chocolate chips instead.
Those bright colors! Don’t they just cheer you up? Especially on a dreary late autumn day.
I think you’ll find these M&M Blondies are both soft and chewy with just the right amount of sweetness.
Never miss a recipe. Follow Spicy Southern Kitchen on Pinterest and Instagram.
Sign up HERE for the Spicy Southern Kitchen Newsletter.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 12 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup mini M&Ms, plus extra for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13-inch pan with aluminum foil and spray it with baking spray (or use butter to grease it).
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- In a large bowl, whisk sugar and melted butter together and then whisk in eggs and vanilla.
- Use a wooden spoon or rubber spatula to stir the flour mixture in until just combined.
- Stir in M&Ms.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and use a spatula to spread it evenly. Sprinkle a few more mini M&Ms on top and lightly press them into batter.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes. Let blondies cool completely before slicing.
Want to Save This Recipe?
More Bar Recipes
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
10 thoughts on “M&M Blondies”
My blondies did not turn out like the picture at all. It’s probably my fault but I can’t figure out what I did wrong.
I used regular size M&Ms. They were excellent!
Oh, my children would loooooove that! I am definitely making this for them!
I love bars more than cookies for their ease too and think these are the perfect treat to kick off the holiday baking season! They look amazing the pop of color from the M&M’s is so so pretty! Hope you and your family had a wonderful wonderful Thanksgiving 🙂
Oh, yum, Christin! M&M cookies are one of my favorites…somehow they’re just better than plain old chocolate chips…and in bar form? Yes!
Soft and chewy with a just the right amount of sweetness is a dessert I would like to my teeth into. These blondies look SO GOOD!! …And so festive and fun too!
I’m more of a fan of bars in general, too! They’re just less work but with all the flavor 🙂
These blondies look amazing! I am also ready for holiday baking!
These blondies look both delicious and fun 🙂 yummy!
Yes to holiday baking! These look so fun and perfect for munching while trimming the tree. : ) Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving!