Honey Mustard Potato Salad is tossed in a sweet and tangy honey mustard dressing. There’s also lots of smoky bacon flavor. Great for BBQs and Picnics.
Fun Spin on Potato Salad
I love Honey Mustard Dressing on just about anything and I thought it would make a great base for potato salad and it does.
Ultra Creamy Texture
The creamy base for this potato salad is a mixture of mayonnaise, dijon mustard, honey mustard, and sour cream. The honey mustard adds a little sweetness but it isn’t overpowering.
What Type Of Potatoes To Use?
Red potatoes are my favorite for this recipe, but you could use Yukon Gold instead.
You can leave the skins on or remove them. Whichever you prefer.
- Use red onion instead of green onion.
- Yellow mustard or spicy mustard can be used instead of Dijon.
- You can leave out the sour cream and add extra mayonnaise.
- Chopped hard-boiled egg is another great addition.
Is This Potato Salad Spicy?
A pinch of cayenne pepper adds a barely noticeable amount of spice. To make it spicy, add 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 days.
More Potato Salad Recipes
- Southern Potato Salad
- Southern Mustard Potato Salad
- Creamy Dill Potato Salad
- Creole Potato Salad
- Jalapeno Popper Potato Salad
Honey Mustard Potato Salad
- 3 pounds red potatoes
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup honey mustard
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 5 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Place potatoes in a pot of cold water. Bring to a boil and add a teaspoon of salt. Simmer for 20 minutes or until fork tender. Drain.Note: If large, cut in half before boiling.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, dijon mustard, honey mustard, sour cream, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Once potatoes have cooled, cut into bite-sized pieces. Add to bowl with mayonnaise mixture.
- Stir in celery, green onions and bacon. Check seasoning and add salt to taste.Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.