Mac and Cheese gets even better with a crunchy, spicy topping.
Flamin Cheetos Mac and Cheese has a crunchy topping of crushed Flamin Hot Cheetos. The mac and cheese itself is creamy, cheesy, and spicy. This is definitely a mac and cheese for people who like their food spicy!
As far as spicy snacks go, I don’t think it gets any better than Flamin Hot Cheetos. With this Flamin Cheeto Mac and Cheese, you get the flavor and heat of Flamin Hot Cheetos without turning your fingers red.
The contrast in textures in this mac and cheese- soft noodles, creamy cheese filling, and crunchy cheeto topping- is the best!
Now, I said that this mac and cheese is for spice lovers and not only does the mac and cheese get spice from the cheetos, but I’ve used Pepper Jack cheese (along with cheddar) and added some cayenne pepper to amp up the spice some.
This is not a mac and cheese for the faint of heart!
FLAMIN CHEETOS MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE TIP:
This mac and cheese is best eaten the day it is made. The cheetos get soggy with time.
For more Flamin Hot Cheeto flavor, try this Flamin Hot Cheetos Corn on the Cob!
Subscribe to our YOUTUBE Channel for lots of short cooking videos.
Flamin Cheetos Mac and Cheese
- 8 ounces elbow or corkscrew pasta, cooked to al dente
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) block sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 an (8-ounce) block pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup coarsely crushed Flamin Cheetos
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 7X11-inch baking dish.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Sprinkle in flour and whisk in, cooking for 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in milk and half-and-half. Keep whisking until it comes to a simmer and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Add cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.
- Turn heat to low. Add cheese a handful at a time, whisking until melted.
- Add cooked pasta to prepared pan. Pour cheese sauce on top, stirring to mix the cheese sauce in.
- Combine crushed cheetos and melted butter and scatter evenly on top.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
Originally published June 5, 2017.
More Mac and Cheese Favorites
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.