Cream Cheese Stuffed Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars are so easy to make using packages of peanut butter cookie mix. They have lots of chocolate chips and a creamy layer of cream cheese in the middle. Cut into bars and eaten plain, they make a delicious snack.
Add a scoop of vanilla or peanut butter cup ice cream and a yummy peanut butter cup sauce to them and they turn into a show stopper dessert worthy of a special occasion.
What makes Cream Cheese Stuffed Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars really special is Challenge Cream Cheese.
Just like Challenge Butter, Challenge Cream Cheese is made the old-fashioned way from the freshest milk and cream. Based in California, Challenge gets their milk and cream from local (California) dairies from cows that have not been treated with growth hormones. In fact Challenge was the first brand to make dairy products without growth hormone. Their cream cheese contains no artificial ingredients or preservatives.
Challenge Dairy is the only dairy product company that controls the entire process involved in making butter and cream cheese which ensures the highest quality product. From milking the cows, to transportation, production, and packaging.
Challenge Cream Cheese only recently became available in my market and it immediately became my preferred cream cheese. The taste is so fresh and far superior to other brands. It has such a silky smooth texture and will make your cheesecakes, frostings, and bars taste richer and more decadent.
Find out more about Challenge Cream Cheese and where it is available and follow Challenge on Facebook for frequent coupon and sale notifications.
- 4 (7.2-ounce) packets peanut butter cookie mix
- 3/4 cup Challenge butter (1 1/2 sticks), melted
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 (8-ounce) packages Challenge Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- ice cream for serving, optional
Optional Peanut Butter Cup Sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) package mini peanut butter cups
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13-inch pan with butter or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together all 4 cookie mixes, melted butter, and 1 egg.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Press half of mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
- Using an electric mixer, beat Challenge cream cheese, powdered sugar, 2 eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour cream cheese mixture on top of cookie crust and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Mix flour and granulated sugar into remaining cookie dough. Sprinkle evenly over cream cheese layer.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until golden brown around edges and no longer jiggly in center.
- Let cool before slicing. Store in refrigerator.
- To make peanut butter cup sauce, combine mini peanut butter cups, butter, and heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at 20 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted and smooth. If too thick, add more heavy cream.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe courtesy of Challenge.
More Peanut Butter Desserts
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. All opinions are my own and I appreciate the opportunity to share products I love and use in my own kitchen.