Collards Artichoke Dip is a creamy, cheesy dip with bacon. Serve with pita chips, toasted baguette, or tortilla chips for an awesome party appetizer or gameday snack.
Also makes a great New Years recipe.
Collards Instead of Spinach
This dip is like spinach dip with collard greens instead of spinach. You don’t typically think of collard greens as a dip ingredient, but I have to say I love collards in a dip. They have a little more texture and flavor than spinach.
Use Cooked Collard Greens
You need to use cooked collard greens for this recipe. I use frozen chopped collard greens that I thaw. Be sure to get rid of all the excess moisture. You can use canned collard greens instead of frozen. Drain well. Or you can use cooked fresh collard greens.
Super Creamy Texture
The creamy texture of this recipe comes from a combination of sour cream, mayonnaise, and garlic-herb spreadable cheese. The garlic-herb cheese also adds lots of flavor.
A combo of Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and cheddar cheese creates lots of cheese flavor in this dip. If you want extra spice, you can use Pepper Jack cheese instead of mozzarella.
Make It Spicy
This dip has a little bit of heat from 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes. You can leave the red pepper flakes out if you don’t want it spicy and use black pepper instead.
How To Store Collards Artichoke Dip
Leftovers will keep for 3 to 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator and can be reheated in a microwave.
More Creamy Dip Recipes
- Philly Cheese Steak Dip
- Baked Pimento Cheese Dip
- Spicy Shrimp Dip
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Hot Jalapeno Bacon Spinach Dip
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (6.5-ounce) container garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 to 15 ounces frozen chopped collard greens thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (12-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- pita chips or tortilla chips for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9-inch deep dish pie pan or 7×11-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together sour cream, mayonnaise, spreadable cheese, and red pepper flakes.
- Stir in the collard greens, artichoke hearts, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and bacon.Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through.Serve with pita chips or tortilla chips.