This sponsored post was written while participating in my partnership with Oscar Mayer and One2One Network, but as always, all opinions are my own. I received Deli Fresh BOLD coupons and other related items from Oscar Mayer/Kraft Foods.
This Chipotle Chicken Panini is going to jazz up your lunchtime routine. It’s loaded with chipotle chicken, cheese, bacon, avocado, and chipotle sauce for some bold and spicy flavor. This is a sandwich that will definitely please the adult palate, but can also be toned down to appeal to children.
When I was given the opportunity to try Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh BOLD lunch meats, I didn’t want to pass it up. You see, Oscar Mayer brings back great childhood memories for me. When I was a child, Oscar Mayer Bologna was one of my go to snacks for after school. Either my mother or I would stack 3 slices of bologna on a plate and cut them into little pie shaped wedges. I’d peel a piece off one at a time and dip it into ketchup while I watched Little House on the Prairie. Weird, I know.
I haven’t eaten bologna that way in years. I’m glad to say my palate is more evolved and refined now. Although as I’m typing this, I must say I’m getting a hankering for some bologna dipped in ketchup. 🙂
Oscar Mayer sent me a package of their new BOLD Italian Style Herb Turkey Breast to try and I must say it is delicious.
Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh BOLD lunch meats come in four new flavors:
- Italian Style Herb Turkey Breast
- Cajun Style Turkey Breast
- Maple Honey Ham
- Chipotle Season Chicken Breast
Each package has no artificial preservatives or artificial flavors and they are gluten-free and at least 97% fat free. The taste is supremely fresh. Much fresher than I can ever remember lunch meat tasting. For more about Oscar Mayer Bold, including nutritional details, visit OscarMayer.com
Since I like my food spicy, I decided to try the Chipotle Season Chicken Breast in a Panini. I’ve added bacon, cheese, avocado, and an easy chipotle sauce, but the bold seasonings of the Oscar Mayer Chipotle Season Chicken Breast really make the sandwich. Because these lunch meats are so wonderfully seasoned, they make it easy and quick to make a delicious sandwich.
If you have kids who are a little bit finicky about their sandwiches, you can leave off the avocado and the chipotle sauce and be left with a delicious chipotle chicken grilled cheese with bacon. To make preparation easier, use Oscar Mayer fully cooked bacon.
Flavorful, moist chicken with a BOLD taste, melty cheese, and crispy, salty bacon. Your whole family will yum it up. If you’re an avocado lover like me, the avocado adds wonderful creaminess and really helps cool the spice down. It’s delicious!
- 1 teaspoon chopped chipotle in adobo
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 package Oscar Mayer BOLD Chipotle Season Chicken
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- ½ cup shredded cheddar
- ½ cup shredded monterey jack
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 loaf Ciabatta or 8 slices Italian bread
- For the chipotle sauce, stir together chipotle pepper, mayo, lime juice, and cumin in a small bowl. (Best done ahead of time so flavors have a chance to meld.)
- Spread butter on 1 side of each piece of bread.
- Spread mayo on non-buttered side of ½ the pieces of bread.
- On remaining pieces of bread, evenly distribute cheese, chicken, bacon, and avocado. (Cheese should be the first thing you put on the bread so it will melt easily.
- Place mayo coated slices on top, buttered side up.
- If using a grill pan, place a heavy pan on top and cook 2-3 minutes per side, until golden brown. Alternately, cook in a panini grill until desired degree of doneness.