Brownies are my very favorite indulgence. Brownies with three kinds of chocolate? Even better.
Typically I make fudgy and gooey brownies but these Slow Cooker Triple Chocolate Brownies from Martha Stewart turned out more cake-like, a little drier, and quite chewy around the edges. Even still, they were delicious and I couldn’t get enough of them.
Cocoa powder, bittersweet chocolate, and semi-sweet chocolate chips add plenty of chocolate flavor. Chopped pecans add some crunch.
My kids didn’t care for the taste of the bittersweet chocolate, so I got to enjoy these slow cooker brownies all week long. And enjoy then I did!
It’s necessary to line the Crock Pot with parchment paper so that the brownies do not burn. Cooking time can vary quite a bit based on how hot your crock pot cooks. If you know that your crock pot is a fast cooker, shorten the cooking time some. The middle will still look slightly undercooked when they are done, but it will firm up as it cools.
Sign up HERE for the Spicy Southern Kitchen Newsletter.
- Cooking spray
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Lightly coat a 4 to 5-quart crock pot insert with cooking spray. Place a piece of parchment paper, that is large enough to extend halfway up the sides in the bottom of the crock pot. Lightly spray parchment paper with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Place butter and chopped chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave another 30 seconds. If not completely melted, continue microwaving until melted.
- Add sugar to chocolate mixture and whisk to combine.
- Whisk in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture just until flour is moistened. Fold in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into crock pot, smoothing out the top with a rubber spatula.
- Cover and cook on LOW 3½ hours. Uncover and continue to cook on LOW for 30 minutes.
- Remove insert from crockpot and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe Source: slightly adapted from Martha Stewart
Sharing this recipe with The Weekend Potluck.