I made this delicious Mocha Hot Cocoa recipe using SPLENDA® Sweetener Products as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars #SplendaSweeties #SweetSwaps
Warm up a cold winter’s day with this no sugar added Mocha Hot Cocoa. The combination of chocolate and coffee is one of my favorites. The coffee added to this Mocha Hot Chocolate enhances the chocolate flavor and provides a little caffeine boost to get through those busy holiday days.
You know. Shopping, decorating, holiday baking. Has anyone even thought about any of those things yet?
I’m not really a cold weather kind of girl. Luckily we have fairly mild winters in South Carolina. Even still, I’m always looking for ways to warm up and there’s no better way than a warm and toasty beverage by the fire.
I use SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated every morning to sweeten my coffee and it also works wonderfully as a sweetener for hot cocoa. I love that SPLENDA® Sweetener Products offer the sweetness of sugar without all of those calories. Plus SPLENDA® Sweeteners are incredibly versatile. I use them in beverages, appetizers, salads, and for baking.
Learn more ways you can cut the sugar by checking out the Sweet Swaps Program. There are literally hundreds of ways you can cut calories by swapping full sugar for SPLENDA® Brand Sweeteners.
A warm mug of hot cocoa on a cold winter’s day. It’s the simplest things in life that are the best.
Sign up HERE for the Spicy Southern Kitchen Newsletter.
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1½ teaspoons instant coffee or espresso
- ½ cup boiling water
- pinch salt
- 3½ cups whole milk
- ¼ cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- sugar-free chocolate syrup, optional
- sugar-free whipped topping, optional
- Place cocoa powder, SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated and instant coffee in a medium pan.
- Add boiling water and stir to combine. Place over medium heat. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add a pinch of salt and stir in milk, half-and-half, and vanilla extract. Continue to heat until very warm.
- Pour into mugs and top with sugar-free chocolate syrup and whipped topping if desired.