Today is a very special day featuring Blueberry Maple Cupcakes and a $200 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway to celebrate my friend Melanie’s 1st Blogiversary at Carmel Moments– Enjoying life one beautiful mess at a time. If you don’t know Melanie yet you are in for a treat. She is an amazing mother to 3 kids and her blog is real, uplifting, and insightful Carmel Moments is a collection of family-friendly recipes like Outback Copycat Honey Whole Wheat Bread, posts about Melanie’s strong Christian faith, and touching stories about motherhood.
I’d love for you to pop over to Carmel Moments and wish Melanie a Happy Blogiversary! And don’t forget to enter below to win a $200 Amazon Gift Card.
Giveaway: Eligible to one (1) winner residing in one of the 48 contiguous states. Must be 18 years of age to enter giveaway. Starts 12 am 6/20/2014 (EST time) and ends 12 am 7/4/2014 (EST time). To enter the giveaway, you must participate in at minimum, one of the listed entries in the widget and an email address must be provided. Winner will be announced via email and must respond to the subject line: “Congratulations! You’ve Won Carmel Moment’s Amazon Gift Card Giveaway” from email@example.com within 24 hours of deliverance. Failure to respond will forfeit your chance in winning and a new winner will be chosen. I will send the giftcard electronically to chosen winner. Please be advised items may appear different from the photo shown. Carmel Moments and its owner are not held responsible for missing/broken items received by the winner. Good luck and thank you for your entries. There will be more fun recipes, as well as giveaways coming soon! See more at http://carmelmoments.com
Birthdays (and Blogiversaries) always call for cake or cupcakes to celebrate. These Blueberry Maple Cupcakes are extra special and unique just like my friend Melanie. They taste like the cupcake version of blueberry pancakes. The texture of the cupcake is a little more like a muffin than a cupcakes and it’s filled with beautiful, sweet blueberries. The frosting is to die for. Definitely one of my favorite frosting recipes. I like to really pile it on the cupcakes. It has the perfect texture- creamy, thick, and smooth, plus an incredible maple syrup flavor from some maple flavoring. If you don’t have maple flavoring, you will not regret purchasing some for this recipe. You could probably sub pure maple syrup but you will not get the intense maple flavor.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1¾ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- extra blueberries to decorate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pans with liners (12).
- Using mixer fitted with a paddle attachment beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- On low-speed add eggs and egg white and beat until fully mixed in.
- In a medium bowl sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together. (Instead of sifting, you can run a whisk through the ingredients. Essentially accomplishes the same thing- aeration and removal of clumps- without making a mess.)
- Mix sour cream, milk, and vanilla together.
- Add ⅓ of dry ingredients to mixer, then ½ of wet. Followed by another ⅓ of dry. Finish with remaining wet and dry ingredients. Careful not to overmix.
- Fold in blueberries and fill muffin liners ¾ full. Bake 18-20 minutes or until very tops are fully cooked.
- To make frosting, beat butter and cream cheese until fluffy. Add maple flavoring and sugar and beat until smooth.
- Cool cupcakes before frosting. Use a pastry bag fitted with a large star and swirl around the outer part of cupcake and gradually come inwards with each swirl. Or just slather it on there.
- Decorate with blueberries.
Recipe Source: adapted from Your Cup of Cake q