We finally made it yesterday to our final road trip destination- The Grand Hotel Resort and Spa in Point Clear, Alabama. What a wonderful historic property! I spent several years living in New Orleans and a lot of time along the Mississippi coast, but this is my first time spending time in Alabama. What a lovely state! It really is Alabama the Beautiful. Yesterday we toured the USS Alabama.
The weather was overcast and muggy and we almost sweltered in those lower levels of the battleship, but it was so interesting, we suffered through it. Next we toured the submarine and got caught in a little rain. I don’t think I’ve ever toured a submarine before and it was well worth the trip.
Today thankfully the weather is sunny and perfect for some pool time. Thankfully I cooked up a storm before we left on our road trip and still have recipes to post. This one is a wonderful summer side dish to utilize fresh summer corn. It’s a quick and easy creamed corn dish with a little jalapeno to spice it up. The corn should still be just a little crisp in the finished dish. No need to cook the life out of fresh summer corn. 🙂 More Summer Corn Recipes
Jalapeno Creamed Corn
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- kernels from 6 ears of corn
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup whipping cream
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and jalapeno and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add corn, sugar, and whipping cream and simmer over medium-low heat for about 12 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Want to Save This Recipe?
10 thoughts on “Jalapeno Creamed Corn”
Love fresh summer corn dishes and this looks and sounds fabulous! Yum, especially with the jalapenos 🙂 Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip 🙂
Thanks Kelly! We finally made it home from our trip and I think it’s going to take me a while to recover. I’m exhausted!
There’s nothing quite as sweet as fresh summer corn… pairing it with jalapeño seems like such a natural combination, but for some reason I’ve never done it. I hope you’re enjoying Alabama!
Thanks Irina! We are enjoying Alabama. Such a beautiful state!
Jalapeno creamed corn sounds amazing!
Wow, that battleship is amazing! It sure does look overcast, but luckily it’s normally warm back there, right? As for this corn, I would dig into this entire bowl and maybe somebody else would get some. Maybe not!
My husband would go nuts for this corn! Especially with the jalapenos : ) He loves them. I have a feeling I’d love it too. Hope you are having lots of fun on your road trip!
Thanks Ashley! We are but will be glad to be back home in a few days!
Hi Christin – this looks amazing!!! btw,
I am nominating you for a Liebster Award. Technically it’s for blogs with fewer than 200 followers. If you choose to accept there are some procedures you need to follow.
1. Post 11 facts about yourself
2. Answer 11 questions that I came up with (link to questions below)
3. Nominate 11 blogs that have less than 200 followers and ask then 11 questions.
my questions which are also posted here are:
1. What is an interesting book you have read so far?
2. If you woke up with a sore throat and runny/stuffy nose – would you run/workout in an attempt to “sweat the bug out” ?
3. Why do you blog?
4. What is an interesting movie you have seen so far?
5. Ping pong or badminton?
6. Would you rather run a mile with a blister or a cramp?
7. You have one meal a year to eat whatever you want without gaining an ounce – what would this meal consist of (you only have 30 minutes)?
8. What is a blog you read everyday?
9. If you won the lottery what is the first thing you would buy?
10. Cats or Dogs?
11. When you are stuck in traffic and all the other lanes are moving -but yours; would you change lanes or wait it out?
Thanks so much Shashi! I’m so honored. Will definitely participate, but out of town until Thursday so it will probably be the end of the week before I get around to it. Thanks again!