Biscoff Gooey Butter Bars have a butter cake layer topped by a cream cheese layer flavored with lots of Biscoff spread. These magical squares make an unbelievably delicious sweet treat.
This is a from scratch recipe that’s easy to make.
I love any kind of Gooey Butter Cake, but this Biscoff favorite one is wonderfully different and special. Biscoff spread has so much buttery, brown sugar flavor with a little spice. It tastes just like Biscoff cookies, but with the consistency of peanut butter. It’s such a unique flavor to add to baked goods and it is a great flavor for fall and winter. In addition to making delicious Gooey Butter Bars, it also tastes great spread on pancakes, waffles, or toasted English muffins.
Tips for making Biscoff Gooey Butter Bars:
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper for easy removal. It’s easier to cut into squares once you remove the whole thing from the pan. Dip your knife in hot water before each cut to get a nice, clean cut.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will be fine left out for a day, but any longer than that, they are better off in the fridge because of the cream cheese.
- Make sure the cream cheese is very soft or at room temperature before making the filling.
- I accidentally overcooked mine a little and that is ok. It will not ruin them. They just turned out less gooey. For ultra gooey bars, only bake for about 40 minutes.
More Gooey Butter Recipes:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Biscoff spread
- 3 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (16-ounce) box powdered sugar
- Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add egg, melted butter, milk, and vanilla extract and stir with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until combined.
- Press evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- To make the filling, place cream cheese in a large bowl. Use a hand-held mixer to beat it until smooth and creamy.
- Add biscoff and beat until mixed.
- Beat in eggs, then melted butter and vanilla.
- Add powdered sugar in 3 additions, beating until incorporated.
- Pour filling over crust. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. You still want it somewhat gooey, so be careful not to overbake. Let cool before slicing.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.