Bang Bang Chicken has a crunchy, crispy exterior and is drizzled with a wonderful Bang Bang sauce made from mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, and Sriracha sauce. The spicy-sweet sauce is irresistible.
This Bang Bang Chicken is similar to Bonefish Grill’s Bang Bang Shrimp which is one of my favorite appetizers ever.
Crispy Coating and Easy Sauce
Bite-sized pieces of chicken are coated in batter, pressed into Panko crumbs for a super crispy coating, and fried until golden. The simple sauce is only 3 ingredients. If you want it a little sweeter, add some sugar. If you want it spicier, add some more Sriracha sauce. Drizzle a little or a lot on the chicken. I definitely recommend serving the chicken with extra sauce for dipping.
Since the chicken is cut into bite-sized pieces, it fries up in just a few minutes. I recommend frying in vegetable oil, but you could use Canola oil or peanut oil instead.
The cornstarch in the batter and the Panko crumbs create a super crispy but light and crunchy coating for the chicken.
How To Serve
This Bang Bang Chicken is a great appetizer and works well as a weeknight meal. It tastes great wrapped in lettuce and is a little lighter and healthier served that way.
More Bang Bang Recipes
- Stir together mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, and Sriracha sauce in a small bowl. Refrigerate until needed.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, flour, cornstarch, egg, hot sauce, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place Panko crumbs in a shallow dish.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Dip in buttermilk mixture and then dredge them in the Panko crumbs.
- Heat 1-inch of oil in a Dutch oven to 360 degrees F.
- Fry chicken in batches for 2 to 3 minutes, flipping over to brown both sides. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Drizzle with reserved sauce and serve.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.