Teriyaki Chicken Burgers are served on a toasted bun with ginger mayonnaise, thinly sliced cucumber, baby spinach, and red onion.
Chicken burgers can be bland, dry, and boring, but not this one.
Juicy Texture and Sweet Teriyaki Glaze
An egg and some panko crumbs get added to the ground chicken. There’s also garlic, green onion, cilantro, and Sriracha sauce added for flavor.
The glaze is just two ingredients: store-bought teriyaki sauce and brown sugar.
No Grill Needed
I find it easiest to cook these burgers in a skillet. But if you want to, you can grill them.
I love these burgers topped with Ginger Mayonnaise, spinach, red onion, and thinly sliced cucumber. Grilled pineapple slices make another great topping.
Teriyaki Chicken Burgers Recipe Tips
Use ground turkey or ground beef instead of ground chicken.
Recipe can easily be doubled to make 6 burgers.
For a juicy burger that’s not dry, don’t use ground chicken that is really lean. You want at least 7% fat.
These burgers can be grilled instead of cooked in a skillet. The glaze doesn’t get added until the end of cooking because the sugar in it will burn if added too early.
Burgers can be mixed and shaped up to 8 hours in advance and refrigerated until you are ready to cook them. Cover them well with plastic wrap.
Great Sides For Serving With Teriyaki Chicken Burgers
More Burger Recipes
- Southern Pimento Cheese Burger
- Burgers with Maple Bacon Onion Jam
- Cowboy Burgers Topped With Onion Rings
- Black and Blue Burgers
- French Onion Burgers
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/3 cup panko crumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 toasted buns
- fresh baby spinach
- thinly sliced cucumber
- sliced red onion
- Stir together all Ginger Mayonnaise ingredients in a small bowl. Refrigerate until needed.
- Combine ground chicken, panko crumbs, egg, green onions, cilantro, garlic, sriracha sauce, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Getly mix together and then shape into 3 patties.
- In a small bowl, stir together teriyaki glaze and brown sugar.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add burgers and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Brush tops of burgers with glaze mixture and flip over. Brush second side with glaze. Flip over and cook for 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Serve burgers on toasted buns with fresh baby spinach, cucumber slices, red onion, and ginger mayonnaise.