Sweet Potato Fries Wrapped in bacon and baked in the oven are the perfect salty/sweet snack. The sweet potatoes get nice and soft and are the perfect contrast to the crispy bacon. This is a snack you won’t want to share.
Sweet Potato Fries are my ultimate weakness. I love that so many restaurants have them on the menu nowadays and I can never resist ordering them. Whether they be fried or baked, thick cut or slender, I’ve never met a sweet potato fry I didn’t like.
Including these Sweet Potato Fries wrapped in Bacon. They are baked in the oven until soft and then broiled for a few minutes to help crisp the bacon. The sweet potatoes don’t really get crisp, but the bacon does and adds a nice saltiness.
This recipe is extremely simple and uses only 2 ingredients. It’s hard to believe something so simple can taste so good. But it does.
Sweet Potato Fries wrapped in Bacon are the ultimate sweet/salty snack.
Find more Sweet Potato Recipes.
- 1 large sweet potato or 2 medium
- 8 ounces of bacon, not thick cut
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut each piece of bacon in half lengthwise and then in half widthwise so you can wrap 4 sweet potato sticks with what was 1 piece of bacon.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into thin strips, no bigger than the width of your pinkie finger.
- Starting at one end of sweet potato stick wrap bacon around, stretching bacon a little if needed to make it to the other end.
- Place on baking sweets, leaving some space in between fries.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes. Sweet potatoes should be soft at this point. If not cook longer.
- Turn oven to broil just for a very short time to help bacon crisp up some, but careful not to burn. (Obviously if you have 2 baking sheets in the oven, you will have to get the top baking sheet crisp, remove it from oven and place bottom sheet under the broiler.)