S’mores Bread Pudding is a deliciously sweet bread pudding made with Hawaiian rolls. It’s full of milk chocolate, marshmallows, and crumbled graham crackers.
Since I love bread pudding and I love S’mores, combining the two was a no brainer. And I’ve discovered it makes a fantastic combination. I love to serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Bread pudding is such an economical dessert. It was invented as a way to use up stale bread. It has become a trendy, comfort food dessert that you will see on the menu of the fanciest restaurants. It can be made with any type of stale bread: French bread, challah bread, hot dog buns, biscuits, you name it. Even doughnuts. Be sure to check out this Toffee Biscuit Bread Pudding. It is to die for.
You don’t have to worry about the bread being stale for this recipe. Toasting the bread in the oven accomplishes the same thing.
There is such a magical combination of flavors in this bread pudding.
- Hawaiian Sweet Rolls– the mini rolls that come 12 to a pack.
- Eggs– bind everything together.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk– adds sweetness and richness.
- Nutmeg– can be left out.
- Hershey Bars
- Graham Crackers
S’MORES BREAD PUDDING RECIPE TIPS:
- Don’t skip toasting the bread pieces. The right texture for this bread pudding is dependent on using dried out pieces.
- You can add a pinch of cinnamon or use cinnamon-flavored graham crackers if you like cinnamon.
- Sweetened shredded coconut can be added for additional flavor.
- You want the egg mixture to soak into the Hawaiian roll pieces for at least 10 minutes before placing in the oven.
- Watch the bread pudding carefully when you broil it. The marshmallows burn very quickly.
- Will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 4 days. Can be reheated in a microwave.
More S’mores Recipes To Try:
- 9 Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, optional
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 5 regular-size Hershey bars, chopped
- 5 whole graham crackers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- Tear rolls into 1-inch pieces. Spread out on a baking sheet and bake for 7 to 8 minutes to crisp them.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, sweetened condensed milk, milk, vanilla extract, nutmeg and a pinch of salt.
- Combine the bread pieces and half the chopped chocolate in the prepared baking dish.
- Pour egg mixture over the bread pieces. Press the bread into the liquid. If you can't get it all pressed down into the liquid, add a splash or two of milk.Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Sprinke graham crackers on top and bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate and the marshmallows on top. Return to oven for 10 minutes.Broil for a minute or 2 to brown the marshamllows. Watch carefully. Marshmallows burn quickly.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Want to Save This Recipe?