Slow Cooker Bourbon Peach Pork Chops- pork chops are cooked until tender in a sweet, tangy and spicy sauce made with peach preserves and fresh peaches. Serve over white rice for a delicious southern supper.
Which Pork Chops Work Best?
When cooking pork chops in a slow cooker, I prefer to use bone-in, thick-cut pork chops. The bone adds flavor and helps keep the pork from drying out. I also like to use medium to thick-cut pork chops. Thinner pork chops will cook too quickly and dry out. Look for bone-in blade chops which have a little more connective tissue or sirloin chops, or bone-in rib chops.
What Type Of Bourbon To Use?
You can use any bourbon that you have for this recipe. I typically use Maker’s Mark. There are so many great bourbons out there, but Maker’s Mark has always been my go to bourbon for drinking and cooking.
How Long To Cook Pork Chops in A Slow Cooker?
Pork chops can be a little tricky to cook in a slow cooker. If you overcook them, they will be very tough and chewy.
Different slow cookers cook at different rates. Some brands get much hotter than others, especially the newer models, so use the cooking time as an estimate. The pork could be done in as little as 3 hours. Pork is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees f.
Low Or High Heat
I recommend cooking pork chops on LOW heat They are too likely to get tough if cooked on HIGH heat.
Make It Spicier
A half teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes adds some heat to counter the sweetness of the preserves. Add a pinch of cayenne pepper for more spiciness.
Apricot preserves can be substituted for peach preserves.
How To Store Slow Cooker Bourbon Peach Pork Chops
Leftovers will keep for 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
More Slow Cooker Pork Recipes
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Pork Tenderloin
- Slow Cooker Smoky Pulled Pork
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Pork Chops
- Slow Cooker Creamy Ranch Pork Chops
- 4 to 5 thick-cut bone-in pork chops
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 ounces peach preserves
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 fresh peach, diced
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle them with the paprika.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add pork chops and cook 2 minutes per side.Transfer to a 6-quart or larger slow cooker.
- Stir together peach preserves, bourbon, minced garlic, red pepper flakes, vinegar and diced peach in a bowl. Pour over pork chops.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours.