When it comes to favorite foods of mine, hash browns are right up there. Who can resist golden, crunchy potatoes? Making hash browns into Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Hash Brown Muffins turns them into a protein-packed breakfast that will keep you full of energy until lunchtime.
These Hash Brown Muffins are super easy to make. They start with crispy hash brown cups that get baked in muffin tins. Then eggs, sausage slices and cheese get poured on top and they get baked some more. These handheld hash browns are great for an on-the-go breakfast or snack.
For ease and convenience, I use Simply Potatoes® Hash Browns. They are easy to have on hand and are delicious as is or in your favorite recipe. They are made with fresh, never frozen potatoes. I used the Southwest Style Hash Browns, but regular would be just as delicious.
For the sausage, I used al fresco Chicken Sausage. al fresco is the #1 better-for-you sausage brand in the US and their products have at least 50% less fat than traditional pork and beef products. They are 100% all natural with no artificial ingredients, no preservatives, no nitrates or nitrites, and no MSG. Plus they are gluten free. If you’re looking to get a little healthier this year, these are great products to try.
al fresco has a line of more than 30 flavorful and healthy chicken products including meatballs, burgers, and bacon.
Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Hashbrown Muffins
- 1 package Simply Potatoes Hashbrowns
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package Sausage
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a 12- cup nonstick muffin tin really well.
- In a medium bowl, stir together hashbrowns and butter.
- Divide mixture evenly between the 12 cups, pressing it into the bottom and up the sides. Bake for about 14 minutes, or until starting to brown.
- Meanwhile, cut sausage into quarter inch slices and cook in a lightly greased nonstick pan until browned.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese.
- Add sausage slices to hashbrown cups and then divide egg mixture evenly between cups. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until set. Use a knife to run around edges and remove each one.
Lodge Cast Iron Skillet (13-inch) Giveaway
One reader will win a Lodge. Great for getting your hash browns super crispy! To enter leave a comment below letting us know your favorite way to serve hash browns. Must be 18+ years old and live in the US. Giveaway ends January 31, 2017.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Simply Potatoes®. The opinions and text are all mine.