Peanut Butter Mousse Brownie Pie has a buttery pie crust and a rich, fudgy layer of brownie topped with a light and creamy peanut butter mousse. So easy to make with a refrigerated pie crust and a box of brownie mix.
The combination of a dense, rich brownie with a light and airy peanut butter mousse is amazing.
Chocolate and peanut butter is my favorite flavor combination for desserts. I’ve lost track of how many chocolate and peanut butter desserts I have made. This pie has just the right balance of flavor between the two. It is pure heaven.
Ingredients Needed for Peanut Butter Mousse Brownie Pie:
- Box of Brownie Mix– use your favorite. I like to use a box of Ghiradelli Brownie Mix.
- Ingredients Needed to Make the Brownies– use the ingredient amounts on the box. You are going to mix up the batter like you normally would, it’s just going to be baked in a pie crust instead of a baking pan.
- Pie Crust– I like to use a refrigerated pie crust, but you can use a homemade one. There’s no need to pre-bake the pie crust.
- Cream Cheese– be sure it is softened well so you get a creamy, not lumpy mousse.
- Creamy Peanut Butter– I like to use Jif or Skippy, rather than a natural peanut butter.
- Confectioners’ Sugar
- Heavy Whipping Cream– make sure it is cold.
- Shaved Chocolate and Whipped Cream– optional for garnish.
Do NOT overbake the brownie. Take it out of the oven when it still looks a little underdone in the middle. It will firm up in the refrigerator and taste really fudgy.
Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for about 4 days.
Try These Other Chocolate/Peanut Butter Dessert Combinations:
- Peanut Butter Mississippi Mud Brownies
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Fudge
- Texas Sheet Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
- 1 box brownie mix
- ingredients listed on box of brownies
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/3 cups cold heavy whipping cream
- shaved chocolate and whipped cream for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix brownie batter according to box directions.
- Fit pie crust into a 9-inch deep dish pie pan.
- Spread brownie batter into pie crust. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- To make peanut butter mousse, use an electric mixer to beat cream cheese and peanut butter in a large bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in confectioners' sugar.
- Add heavy cream and beat at high speed for about 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Spread over brownie layer.Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Garnish with shaved chocolate and whipped cream if desired.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.