Bourbon and Coke Glazed Ham is one of the most delicious hams you will ever eat and is perfect for Easter. This ham has so much great southern flavor.
First the ham is placed in a large pot with an onion and lots of Coca Cola. It’s simmered for about an hour and the coke helps tenderize it and flavor it. Since the ham is already cooked and it’s pretty much brought up to temperature at this point, you only need to bake it for about 20 minutes which is great for holidays when oven space is precious.
Note: You can use either bone-in or boneless ham. I meant to get one that was pre-sliced, but didn’t. Whoops! So either pre-sliced or unsliced works.
A deliciously sweet glaze of bourbon, dark brown sugar, Dijon mustard, cayenne pepper, and black pepper gives this Bourbon and Coke Ham a wonderful finish.
Bourbon and Coke Glazed Ham
- 1 (6 to 8-pound) fully cooked bone-in ham
- 3 (12-ounce) cans Coca-Cola
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 15-20 whole cloves
- Place ham, cola, and onion in a large Dutch oven. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F.
- To make glaze, stir together honey, dark brown sugar, bourbon, Dijon mustard, cayenne pepper, and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Once ham is done simmering, preheat oven to 425 degrees, and discard cooking liquid.
- Transfer ham to a roasting pan and make a criss-cross pattern in ham with a sharp knife, going about 1/4-inch deep. Stick a clove in the center of each diamond shape.
- Brush the glaze over ham and bake for 20 minutes.
More Bourbon and Coke Recipes