White Texas Sheet Cake is an exceptionally moist almond-flavored cake with a delicious almond-flavored icing. One of the great things about this sheet cake is it gets better with time, so it’s perfect to bake for a party or potluck when you don’t have the time to do it the day of.
If you love desserts with almond flavor, you have to try this White Texas Sheet Cake. Scroll down below the recipe box for more almond-flavored desserts.
This cake is really sweet and rich and perfect for sharing. Because you bake it in a 15×10-inch pan, it bakes up really thin which makes it easier to cut into appropriately sized portions.
White Texas Sheet Cake is the vanilla/almond version of Texas Sheet Cake and it is a hit at potlucks. A few sliced almonds in the icing give it a little crunch. This is a cake you will want to make again and again!
Never miss a recipe. Sign up HERE for the Spicy Southern Kitchen Newsletter.
White Texas Sheet Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teasppon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, cut into cubes
- 1 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 11 tablespoons butter, cut into cubes
- 1/3 cup milk
- 5 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 15x10x1-inch baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- In a small saucepan combine the 1 cup of butter (cubed) and water. Bring just to a simmer. Stir into flour mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, sour cream, and almond extract. Stir into flour mixture until mixed well.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. As soon as the cake comes out of the oven, make icing.
- Combine butter and milk in a large saucepan. Bring just to a boil and remove from heat. Whisk in confectioner's sugar 1 cup at a time. Stir in almond extract and almonds. Spread over cake.
adapted from Taste of Home
More Almond-Flavored Desserts
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.