Pork Chops with Creole Mustard Sauce- pork chops are seared in a skillet and then topped with an easy pan sauce with lots of mustard flavor and zip.
Quick and Easy Weeknight Meal
This easy pork chop dinner can be on the table in only 20 minutes. Just sear the pork chops on both sides in a skillet and then make an easy sauce.
Zippy Mustard Sauce
The mustard pan sauce is made from shallots, chicken broth, Creole or Cajun seasoning, heavy cream and Creole or dijon mustard.
What Is Creole Mustard?
Creole mustard is a spicy whole-grain mustard that is popular in New Orleans cooking. It has a good bit of tang. I use Zatarain’s Creole mustard. I also love it in this Chicken wtih Creole Mustard Cream Sauce recipe.
How To Serve Pork Chops With Creole Mustard Sauce
Which Type of Pork Chop To Use?
I’ve used boneless pork chops for this recipe, but you can use bone-in pork chops. I actually think they have a little more flavor and stay juicier when the bone is in. I prefer pork chops that are on the thicker side. Thin pork chops cook so quickly and can sometimes be dry and chewy.
Is This Dish Spicy?
The mustard and Creole seasoning add some heat. To make the sauce spicier, add a pinch of cayenne pepper.
Finely diced yellow or sweet onion can be used instead of shallot. Try adding some chopped fresh thyme or rosemary for extra flavor.
More Pork Chop Recipes To Try
- Easy Oven Barbecued Pork Chops
- Creamy Parmesan Pork Chops
- Honey Pecan Pork Chops
- Southern Fried Pork Chops
- Smothered Southern Pork Chops
- Heat butter and oil over medium-high heat in a skillet. Season pork chops with salt, pepper, and paprika and add them to the skillet.Cook for about 4 minutes per side.
- Remove pork chops from skillet. If needed, add a little more oil to the skillet.Add shallot and cook over medium heat until softened.
- Add chicken broth and Creole seasoning. Simmer until the chicken broth is reduced by almost half.
- Add cream and mustard and mix in. Bring to a gentle simmer.
- Return pork chops to skillet and continue to cook until pork is cooked through and sauce is thickened some.
- Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.Sprinkle with parlsey.