Pizza Dip Ring is an easy appetizer that features buttery biscuit balls baked around a super creamy and cheesy pizza dip topped with mini pepperoni. Great for gameday or a party.
Creamy Cheese Mixture
In the center is a creamy, cheesy mixture made from cream cheese, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese. That’s a whole lot of cheese! It’s topped with some pizza sauce, pepperoni and more cheese.
The buttery biscuit balls are so easy to make from refrigerated biscuits. I use Southern Buttermilk Grands Biscuits but you can use any style of Grands biscuits. Just cut each biscuit in half and roll into a ball The biscuits get brushed with an olive oil mixture flavored with garlic, Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper flakes.
You will need a large cast iron pan or any large oven-proof skillet.
The cook time can vary some depending on the size of your pan, so use it as an estimate. It will probably take a good 45 minutes to get the biscuits all the way cooked. You may need to cover them with aluminum foil after 30 minutes to prevent them from getting too brown on top.
Add Additional Toppings
Instead of or in addition to pepperoni, you can use crumbled sausage, mushrooms, black olives, or green pepper.
Pizza Dip Ring Storage
Best eaten right away, but can be refrigerated in an airtight container for 3 days. I recommend reheating the biscuit balls in the oven or air fryer but the cheese dip can be microwaved.
More Fantastic Gameday Dips
- Slow Cooker Chicken Nacho Dip
- BBQ Chicken Dip
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Spinach Artichoke Dip Bread Ring
- Jalapeno Popper Crab Dip
- Hot Jalapeno Bacon Spinach Dip
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 2 (16-ounce) cans Pillsbury Grands refrigerated biscuits
- 3/4 cup mini pepperoni
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a large cast iron pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together cream cheese, ricotta cheese, 2 cups of mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning.
- Pile cheese mixture in the center of the cast iron pan.
- Cut each biscuit in half and roll each piece into a ball. Arrange them in a circle around the cheese.
- Pour pizza sauce on top of cheese mound. Scatter half the pepperoni on top. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese on top of pepperoni and then arrange the rest of the pepperoni on top of the cheese.
- In a small bowl, stir together oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes. Brush on top of biscuits.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil after 30 minutes if getting too brown.