Pickled Beet Salad with Walnuts and Feta is such a simple salad, but it’s packed with flavor. If you love pickled beets like I do, this salad is sure to be a favorite.
Mixed greens, pickled beets, feta cheese, and toasted walnuts are tossed with a light balsamic vinaigrette. The pickled beets give the salad a really intense tart and sweet flavor which I love and because the beets add so much flavor, you really only need a bare minimum of dressing for this salad.
Beets are a food I’ve become much more a fan of as an adult. For years, I’ve loved roasted beets in a salad with nuts and either feta or goat cheese. But recently I’ve been obsessed with adding pickled beets to a salad. Not only do they have more flavor, you can buy them in a jar, store them in the pantry, and they are ready to be added to a salad. I always have a few jars in my pantry.
Ingredients Needed For Pickled Beet Salad
- Salad Greens– I like mixed greens. Baby arugula or baby kale are also tasty with pickled beets.
- Cheese– goat cheese can be used instead of feta.
- Nuts– walnuts are my favorite with beets, but pecans or almonds can be used.
- Pickled Beets– use homemade if you have them, but store-bought work great. I use Aunt Nellie’s Pickled Beets which come in a jar.
- Balsamic Dressing– I make a simple homemade dressing, but you can use store-bought.
You can add additional ingredients if you wish. Cucumbers, radishes, and tomatoes are good choices.
The dressing can be made ahead of time and refrigerated for up to a week.
If you have a nut allergy, try using pumpkin seeds or hemp seeds instead.
Try These Other Amazing Salad Recipes
- Bacon and Ranch Cauliflower Salad
- Creamy Italian Cucunmber Salad
- Marinated Shrimp, Tomato, and Mozzarella Salad
- Chicken, Bacon & Ranch Layer Salad
- Creamy Tomato and Cucumber Chopped Salad
- Italian Layered Salad
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 to 10 ounces mixed greens, depending on how big a salad you want to make
- 1 jar pickled sliced beets, drained
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a bowl.
- Place mixed greens, drained beets, feta and walnuts in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with desired amount of dressing and serve.