Just a quick post before my daughter and I head out the door for a road trip to Mobile, Alabama with several stops on the way. I am beyond thrilled that my soon to be 14-year-old daughter wants to go anywhere with me. Her main motivation is to see friends in Alabama, and I am her means of getting there, but I’ll take what I can get.
Our first stop is in Greenville, SC where if all goes as planned and we don’t have a heat stroke, we will bike ride the Swamp Rabbit Trail and stop for lunch in Travelers Rest. After we spend the day in Greenville, we will head to Atlanta for a day and then on to Mobile. Hopefully we have lots of adventures in store, all of them fun ones.
Anyways, I have spent hours searching the internet for restaurants and things to do in the places we’ll be visiting and I haven’t had much time to cook. Peanut Sesame Noodles is a wonderful recipe for when you are short on time. Bring some water to a boil while you throw all the ingredients for the sauce into a blender and chop a few veggies, boil the noodles and toss everything together. Cut back on the red pepper flakes if you don’t want it spicy. This is a meal the whole family will enjoy and it tastes good at room temperature or even chilled.
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons chopped ginger
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ¾ pound spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
- 3 green onions, white and green parts sliced
- 1 red or yellow sweet pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ cup edamame
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place cooked spaghetti in a large bowl. Add green onion, yellow pepper, and edamame to bowl. Pour sauce into bowl and stir well to combine everything.
- Before serving top with peanuts.
Want to Save This Recipe?