This No-Bake Grasshopper Cheesecake is so easy to make and fantastically creamy with plenty of minty flavor and an oreo crust. I love Grasshopper desserts for both Christmas and St Patrick’s Day. It’s hard to beat that festive green color and minty flavor.
What I really love about this No-Bake Grasshopper Cheesecake is not only does it have an oreo crust on the bottom, but a layer of oreo crust in the middle too. You get double the amount of chocolate goodness.
This cheesecake is assembled in a 9-inch springform pan to make the layers neat and pretty.
A packet of gelatin helps the filling set up perfectly. If you haven’t used gelatin before, don’t be intimidated. You just dissolve it in water and let it do its thing.
Green Creme de Menthe not only gives this No-Bake Cheesecake its minty flavor, it turns it a delightful green color.
Sign up HERE for the Spicy Southern Kitchen Newsletter.
- 25 Oreo cookies, plus a few extra for sprinkling on top, finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup green creme de menthe
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a medium bowl, stir together cookie crumbs, sugar, and butter. Press half of mixture into bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan. Refrigerate.
- Place water in a small saucepan and sprinkle gelatin over water. Let stand 1 minute. Place saucepan over low heat and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from heat and cool.
- Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until creamy and smooth. Beat in sugar. Gradually beat in cooled gelatin mixture.
- Stir in creme de menthe.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of the whipped cream and fold the rest into the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour half of filling over crust.
- Sprinkle remaining cookie crumb mixture over filling.
- Pour remaining filling over cookie crumbs.
- Use a pastry bag to pipe remaining whipped cream around edges.
- Sprinkle cookie crumbs on top.Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.